Accessibility Plan and Policies for M&G Steel Ltd.
The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 ("the AODA") is a Provincial Act with the purposes of developing, implementing and mandating accessibility standards in order to achieve accessibility for persons with disabilities, with respect to goods, services, facilities, accommodation, employment, buildings, structures and premises.
Introduction and Statement of Commitment (AODA)
The AODA Multi-Year Accessibility plan outlines the policies, achievements and actions that M&G Steel Ltd. has taken and the work underway to improve opportunities for people with disabilities. The current plan covers a five-year period (2021-2026).
M&G Steel Ltd. is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ("the AODA"). We are committed to ensuring all persons within its facilities are aware of their rights and responsibilities to foster an accessible and inclusive environment with and for persons with disabilities.
M&G Steel Ltd. is committed to develop, implement and maintain policies that govern how the organization achieves or will achieve accessibility through meeting this Regulation. To facilitate this commitment, M&G Steel Ltd. has established, maintained and documented a multi-year accessibility plan, that is reviewed and updated at least once every five years to identify progress made in addressing barriers and will be posted on the M&G Steel Ltd. website.
The 2021-2026 Accessibility Plan outlines the policies and actions that M&G Steel Ltd. will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
In accordance with the requirements set out in AODA's Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulations, M&G Steel Ltd. will:
- Establish, review and update this plan in consultation with persons with disabilities
- Post this plan on the appropriate corporate websites
- Report, as required, on the appropriate corporate websites on the progress of the implementation of this plan
- Provide this plan in an accessible format, upon request
- Review and update this plan at least once every five (5) years
Accessibility Policies and Plans for M&G Steel Ltd.
- Accessibility Standards for customer service
M&G Steel Ltd. is committed to excellence in serving all customers, including persons with disabilities, and it will carry out its functions in a manner which delivers an accessible customer experience.
M&G Steel Ltd. is committed to providing its goods and services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. This commitment will be integrated wherever possible and will ensure that persons with disabilities will benefit from the same services, in the place and in a similar way to other customers.
M&G Steel Ltd. employees, when communicating with a person with a disability, will do so in a manner that takes into account the person's disability. M&G Steel Ltd. ensures accessibility training is completed, tracked and recorded for all employees.
- Emergency procedures, plans and public safety information
M&G Steel Ltd. is committed to providing external visitors with emergency information in an accessible way upon request.
Emergency procedures, plans and public safety information that are prepared by M&G Steel Ltd. will be made available in an accessible format or with appropriate communication supports, as soon as practicable, upon request.
- Workplace emergency response information
M&G Steel Ltd. will provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary, and as soon as practically possible.
Individualized workplace emergency response information procedures will be developed for employees who have disclosed a disability and who are being accommodated according to their disabilities.
M&G Steel Ltd. will review and assess general workplace emergency response procedures and individualized emergency plans to ensure accessibility issues are addressed.
M&G Steel Ltd. is committed to the accessibility and inclusion of people with disabilities and M&G Steel Ltd. reinforces this commitment by providing training to employees on Accessibility Standards and the Human Rights Code. Training is provided in a way that best suits the duties and needs of employees. In addition, employees may require training on one or more of the standards as it relates to the duties and responsibilities of their position.
M&G Steel Ltd. has taken the following steps to ensure employees with the training needed to meet current standards and legislation:
- Provide educational or training resources in an accessible format that takes into account the accessibility needs of a person with a disability
- Ensure new employees and volunteers complete training within 30 days of employment or placement
- Keep and maintain a database of the training participant's names and dates of completion
- Information and communication standards
M&G Steel Ltd. is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs. We want to achieve the most effective and efficient access to information for all users.
M&G Steel Ltd. has undertaken the following plans to ensure compliance with this standard:
- A feedback process has been established that is accessible, alternate formats are also available such as telephone, mail and in-person. These processes have been communicated to the public and are available on our website.
- Our website has been designed to be user friendly for a people with a range of needs
- People are encouraged to evaluate the website against their needs and contact M&G Steel Ltd. via phone or e-mail if they require additional information
- Our website provides a feature that allows users to change the size of the text they see online to suit their preference
- The AODA online course is provided to all staff that are involved in developing or disseminating information internally or externally on behalf of the organization
M&G Steel Ltd. has ensured all new websites and content on those sites conform to WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
M&G Steel has taken the following steps to ensure compliance with this standard:
- Continue to assess accessibility of existing website organization and content
- Consult with persons requesting alternative methods
- Internet websites conforms to WCAG 2.0 Level AA
- Post a notice on the website and on premises that upon request, information is available in a variety of accessible formats
- Ensure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request
- To make sure all publicly available information is made accessible upon request
- Ensure that existing and new processes for receiving and responding to feedback are accessible to persons with disabilities by providing or arranging for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports, upon request and in a timely manner
As a general principle where accessible formats and communication supports for persons with disabilities are requested:
- Provide or arrange for the provision of such accessible formats and communication supports
- Consult with the person making the request to determine the suitability of the accessible format or communication support
- Provide or arrange for the provision of accessible formats and communications supports in a timely manner that takes into account the person's accessibility needs due to disability
- AODA compliance will be included as one of the criteria in selecting technology vendor for new website development initiatives
- Conduct accessibility reviews of all web sites prior to launch
- If requested, foster collaboration between M&G Steel Ltd and external parties (customers, vendors, consultants) to ensure communications and other documents and media are readily available in alternative accessible formats (in a manner that takes into account the person's disability)
M&G Steel Ltd. is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices that attract and retain individuals with disabilities. M&G Steel have taken the following steps to notify the public and employees that, when requested, M&G Steel Ltd. will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and onboarding process.
M&G Steel Ltd. is committed to ensure that our recruitment and assessment processes are fair and accessible. All employees will be required to complete the Accessibility Standards online course.
M&G Steel have taken the following steps to ensure compliance with this standard:
- Specify that accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities in recruitment material and with regards to interviews
- Notify successful applicant of policies for accommodating employees with disabilities
- Inform employees of policies supporting employees with disabilities
- Provide updated information on accommodations policies to employees when changes occur
- Consult with employee to determine suitability of format or support
Documented Individual Accommodation Plans
M&G Steel Ltd. is committed to producing and providing documented individual accommodation that includes the following:
- Participation of the employee requiring the individual accommodation plan
- Ability to request outside medical evaluation to determine if accommodation can be achieved and how
- High level of privacy
- Regularly reviewed and updated
- Reason for denial if applicable
- The means of providing Individual Accommodation plans in a format that takes into account the needs of the employee
- And if required, include individualized workplace emergency response information
M&G Steel Ltd. has an Individual Accommodation Plan Process form that it utilizes to develop a documented plan for an employee, if required.
Return to Work
M&G Steel Ltd. have developed and maintained a return-to-work process for our employees who have been absent from work due to a disability and require disability related accommodations in order to return to work. The process includes: steps M&G Steel Ltd. takes to facilitate the return-to-work process and uses the documented individual accommodation plans.
- Public spaces
M&G Steel Ltd. will establish plans to meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces.
M&G Steel Ltd. will set aside budgeted funds for any preventative maintenance and emergency repairs related to public spaces.
- Set up M&G Steel Ltd. Accessibility Committee to discuss and implement accessibility improvements on an annual basis
For any information on Accessibility Policies and Plans or if you would like to provide feedback in a format that is not currently accessible, please contact:
Mail: M&G Steel Limited
Attention: Human Resources
2285 Speers Road
Oakville, Ontario L6L 2X9