Accessibility Plan and Policies for TAGG Industries
The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 ("the AODA") is a Provincial Act with the purposes of developing, implementing and mandating accessibility standards in order to achieve accessibility for persons with disabilities, with respect to goods, services, facilities, accommodation, employment, buildings, structures and premises.
Introduction and Statement of Commitment (AODA)
The AODA Multi-Year Accessibility plan outlines the policies, achievements and actions that TAGG Industries has taken and the continuous improvement efforts targeted at improving opportunities and providing a more integrated environment for people with disabilities. The current plan is aimed at a five-year period (2021-2026).
TAGG Industries is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ("the AODA"). We are committed to ensuring all staff, visitors and other individuals associated with TAGG Industries are aware of their rights and responsibilities to foster an accessible and inclusive environment with and for persons with disabilities.
TAGG Industries is committed to develop, implement and maintain policies that govern how the organization will continue to achieve an accessible work environment through meeting this Regulation. To facilitate this commitment through tangible goals, TAGG Industries has established a multi-year accessibility plan. TAGG Industries is committed to ensure maintenance, update and review of this plan at least once in any five-year period. Any amendments to this plan will be posted on TAGG Industries' website.
The 2021-2026 Accessibility Plan outlines the policies and actions that TAGG Industries will put in place to improve opportunities and reduce barriers for people with disabilities.
In accordance with the requirements set out in AODA's Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulations, TAGG Industries will:
- Establish, review and update this plan in consultation with persons with disabilities.
- Post this plan on the appropriate corporate websites.
- Report, as required, on the appropriate corporate websites on the progress of the implementation of this plan.
- Provide this plan in an accessible format, upon request.
- Review and update this plan at least once every five (5) years.
Accessibility Policies and Plans for TAGG Industries
- Accessibility Standards for customer service
TAGG Industries is committed to excellence in serving all customers, including persons with disabilities, and it will carry out its functions in a manner which delivers an accessible customer experience.
TAGG Industries is committed to providing its goods and services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. This commitment will be integrated wherever possible and will ensure that persons with disabilities will benefit from the same services, in the place and in a similar way to other customers.
TAGG Industries employees, when communicating with a person with a disability, will do so in a manner that takes into account the person's disability.
TAGG Industries aims to establish, introduce and integrate resource material that will allow appropriate communication with persons of varying disabilities. Training is tracked and maintained.
TAGG Industries allows a person with disability to enter the premises with their service animal (unless otherwise excluded by law) and/or their support person. Furthermore, we will ensure an accessible workspace by integrating physical additions such as ramps, automatic door openers, assist handles, etc.
TAGG Industries will develop, implement and maintain policies regarding provisions of goods, services or facilities as it pertains to accessibility for persons with disability.
- Emergency procedures, plans and public safety information
TAGG Industries is committed to providing external visitors with emergency information in an accessible way upon request.
Emergency procedures, plans and public safety information that are prepared by TAGG Industries will be made available in an accessible format or with appropriate communication supports, as soon as practicable, upon request.
TAGG Industries aims make audio/visual emergency information postings accessible for the visually/hearing impaired at the main office and all active work site locations. We further aim to integrate safety communication required through the accredited COR program accessible for all persons with disabilities.
- Workplace emergency response information
TAGG Industries will provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary, and as soon as practically possible.
Individualized workplace emergency response information procedures will be developed for employees who have disclosed a disability and who are being accommodated according to their disabilities.
TAGG Industries will review and assess general workplace emergency response procedures and individualized emergency plans to ensure accessibility issues are addressed annually.
TAGG Industries is committed to the accessibility and inclusion of people with disabilities and we reinforce this commitment by providing training to employees on Accessibility Standards and the Human Rights Code. Training is provided with the intent to facilitate relevant education as it pertains to the role, responsibilities and position of the individual. Accessible training formats are available and exercised as needed.
TAGG Industries has taken the following steps to ensure employees with the training needed to meet current standards and legislation:
- Provide educational or training resources in an accessible format that takes into account the accessibility needs of a person with a disability.
- Ensure new employees and volunteers complete training within one (1) week employment or placement.
- Keep and maintain a live database of the training participant's names and dates of completion.
- Reissue training as required due to change in standards or expiration.
- Each job-site is assessed regularly to ensure accessibility standards are maintained.
- Information and communication standards
TAGG Industries is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult individuals with disabilities to assess their needs and restrictions as it pertains to information delivery, communication, mobility, etc. We want to achieve the most effective and integrated access to information for all users.
TAGG Industries has undertaken the following plans to ensure compliance with this standard:
- Accessibility standards - WCAG2.0 AA – have been incorporated on our website to ensure information delivery complies with standard. TAGG Industries further facilitates communication via alternative means as requested (paper, telephonic, in-person, mail).
- Through the feedback process, TAGG Industries promotes any accessibility feedback to further improve information delivery. Necessary improvements are reviewed and incorporated as needed.
- The AODA online course is provided to all staff that are involved in developing or disseminating information internally or externally on behalf of the organization.
- TAGG Industries will plan to translate key information into braille for visually impaired and assign an in-house person to communicate key information for the hearing impaired. This applies to all persons at the facility (staff, visitors, others). We will assess any alternative request for information deliverance to make it accessible in a timely fashion.
- TAGG Industries plans to make accessibility standards accessible to all via the website.
TAGG Industries is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices that attract and retain individuals with disabilities. We have taken specific actions to ensure employment practices are free of discrimination and we are an equal opportunity employer. TAGG Industries has taken the following steps to notify the public and employees that, TAGG Industries will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and onboarding process.
TAGG Industries is committed to ensure that our recruitment and assessment processes are fair, accessible and free of prejudice. All employees will be required to complete the Accessibility Standards online course.
TAGG Industries have taken the following steps to ensure compliance with this standard:
- Specify that accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities in recruitment material and with regards to interviews
- Recruiters are made aware of TAGG Industries' employment practices to ensure equal opportunity for all candidates.
- Job Descriptions for position will explicitly outline that TAGG Industries is an equal opportunity employer.
- Notify successful applicant of policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.
- Inform employees of policies pertaining to supporting employees with disabilities.
- Provide updated information on accommodations policies to employees when changes occur.
Documented Individual Accommodation Plans
TAGG Industries is committed to producing and providing documented individual accommodation that includes the following:
- Participation of the employee requiring the individual accommodation plan.
- Ability to request third-party medical evaluation to determine if accommodation can be achieved and how.
- High level of privacy, confidentiality and sensitivity
- Reason for denial, if applicable.
- Providing an Individualized Accommodation Plan in a format that takes into account the needs of the employee.
- Inclusion of any safety concerns, including emergency response, and mitigation as required.
TAGG Industries has an Individual Accommodation Plan Process form that it utilizes to develop a documented plan for an employee, as required.
Return to Work
TAGG Industries have developed and maintained a return-to-work process for our employees who have been absent from work due to a disability and require disability related accommodations in order to return to work in a safe manner.
- Public spaces
TAGG Industries will establish plans to meet the Accessibility Standards for the Design of Public Spaces when building or making major modifications to public spaces.
TAGG Industries will set aside budgeted funds for any preventative maintenance and emergency repairs related to public spaces.
- TAGG Industries will review its accessibility plan annually. Any modifications required will be implemented promptly. A steering committee will be internally set-up to ensure regular and appropriate action is given to continuous improvement.
For any information on Accessibility Policies and Plans or if you would like to provide feedback in a format that is not currently accessible, please contact:
Mail: TAGG Industries
Attention: Human Resources
2805 Slough Street
Mississauga, ON, L4T 1G2